The 2016 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike features modern Aluminum frames with a hydro formed tubes, sophisticated single-pivot rear suspension, powerful disc brakes and wide range Shimano 24 speed drivetrain for smoothing the terrain. If you are looking for an entry level bike, this bicycle is the right one. It is genuinely light contrasted with Wally world bicycles and better equipped
The special offers and price are varied from time to time. So I suggest you to check out these offers and price at Amazon
There are 4 sizes of the bike: 15 inch, 17 inch, 19 inch and 21 inch. Therefore, it targets for people with height ranges from 5’33” to 6’4″
See my complete adult mountain bike sizing chart at HERE.
|Size||17 Inch||19 Inch||21 Inch|
|Top Tube Length (Effective)||21.9 inch / 55.6 cm||22.55 inch / 57cm||22.84 inch / 58 cm|
|Head Tube Angle||61.9°||63.1°||64.4°|
|Seat Tube Angle||73°||73°||73°|
|Chain Stay Length||17 inch / 43 cm||17 inch / 43 cm||17 inch / 43 cm|
|Wheel Base||42.25 inch / 107 cm||2.95 inch / 109 cm||43.73 inch / 111 cm|
|Bottom Bracket Height||13.78 inch / 35 cm||13.78 inch / 35 cm||13.78 inch / 35 cm|
|Head Tube Length||4.54 inch / 11.7 cm||4.54 inch / 11.7 cm||4.54 inch / 11.7 cm|
|Standover Height||27.6 inch / 70 cm||29 inch / 73.6 cm||30.5 inch / 77.5 cm|
- 6061 Aluminum Alloy Frame. In mountain biking, frame is the most important part in which other parts put in together. The Aluminum frame has become the most popular one in the market recently because of its lightweight property. Weight is an enemy is the major enemy in off-road cycling and the Aluminum technology has given notable weight advantages over steel, the traditional material.
- The Tektro Novela disc brake mechanism. Brakes are the essential of a bike since they ensure safety for the riders. The Tektro Novela disc brakes provide more stopping power and easy to adjust. It performs equally well in all conditions including water, mud, and snow and compatible with both front and rear suspension.
- Jalco DX221 double wall with black alloy.
|write name colum||write name column|
|Frame||6061 Aluminium Alloy|
|Fork||Suntour suspension fork, 750 psi rear shock|
|Shifters||Shimana ST-EF51 24 Speed|
|Front Derailleurs||Shimano FD-M190|
|Rear Derailleurs||Shimano Acera RD-M360SGS|
|Wheel set||Jalco DX221 double wall with black alloy|
|Cranks||Suntour 22/32/42T without chaincover|
|Bottom Bracket||Suntour Square|
|Brake||Tektro Novela Disc Brake Mechanism|
|Brake Levers||Shimano ST-EF51|
|Chain||KMC Z-72 Steel|
Pros and Cons:
- Good customer service. A lot of customers on Amazon rates 5 stars for the customer service of Gravity. They had problems with some parts of the bike like the bent forks when the bike arrived. All they need to do is just email or call the company and new parts will be ready for replacing in 3 business days.
- More bounce for the ounce. It is great deal for a bike with many good components such as durable and lightweight Aluminum frame, dual full suspension forks and disc brakes at both front and rear.
- Extremely easy to assemble and modify. When the bike arrives, assembly is required but it is just a small setup and adjustment. It includes installing and adjusting the brakes, wheels, handle… That does not require to be professional in mountain biking. Required tools are just general like screw driver, adjustable wrench…
- Smooth ride with dual suspension forks. Featured with dual full suspension forks, the bike offers completely smooth ride in all kind of terrain.
- Multiple sizes. The bike provides 4 sizes which fit most people in general.
- Powerful disc brake mechanism in both front and rear side.
- Not totally installed. Despite the bike is nearly assembled (about 80% of the bike), you also need to do some setup and adjustments as adding the pedal, front and rear wheel, handlebar. The instructions in the manual are pretty easy to follow even with a beginner. This is probably a minor negative point.
- Broken components occasionally during delivery. Some customers reported that they got the bike with broken parts but calling customer service will solve the problem. They will send replacements during 3 working days.
To recapitulate, most customers are fulfilled by the 2016 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike. It receives 4.5 out of 5 stars from customer review on Amazon. It additionally has many good reviews and comments from customers. People purchase the bike since it is a best bang for the buck. Not many mountain bikes under $400 in the market offer fantastic components as well as great performance as this bike. In spite the fact that there are a few grumbles about received shipment yet it is just a minor drawback and you can contact customer service for fixing. In addition, the bike needs a small adjustment which is extremely easy to do even with a beginner. You can also find my guide for assembling at HERE.
See all the reviews in Amazon at HERE
Questions and answers:
1. How many colors for this bike?
There are 3 colors: gray, yellow and white
2. What is the wheel size?
The wheel size is 24 inches
3. Are the pedals plastic?
They are metal.
4. I’m 6’1’’ height. What bike size should I use?
The 19 inch bike is likely suitable for you.
5. How much does the bike and the shipment weigh?
The shipment weight is about 50 pounds and the bike weight is
6. Do I need any special tools to assemble the bike? Is it easy to do?
Few tools are needed but they are just general. Assembling is quite easy. You can follow instructions in the manual to do it by yourselves.
Some images of Merax Finiss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mountain Bike